Report of Meeting on October 27, 2001
HIMSS - Reported on Friday's meeting
* Discussed different means of providing clinical information
systems exposure to students (at the graduate level and lower).
Discussed goals for the group
* Political involvement - advisory only
*Revisions/refinement of John's draft Purpose/ Mission/ Vision/ Objectives paper (committee: John Welton, Cindy Malphrus, Kathy Williams, Brenda Herrmann) Will post on website for review
* Search for Sue Newbold online to look for link to our
* American Medical Informatics Association - Nursing Informatics Working Group (AMIA-NIWG) is Nursing Informatics' professional organization. It is a sub-group of International Medical Informatics Association, and the NIWG for IMIA meets every 3 years. The last meeting was in New Zealand. John Welton and Kathy Williams went. The next one will be in 2003 in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil.
Set up 3 committees
1. Complete Revisions/refinement of John's
draft Purpose/ Mission/ Vision/ Objectives paper * John Welton, Cindy
Malphrus, Kathy Williams, Brenda
ANYONE WHO WISHES TO SERVE ON ANY OF THESE COMMITTEES MAY CONTACT ONE OF THE COMMITTEE MEMBERS TO EXPRESS THEIR INTEREST, BUT WE WOULD LIKE TO KEEP THE COMMITTEES FAIRLY SMALL TO FACILITATE FORWARD MOVEMENT.
We will use the website to post all information for review
by the entire group.
Each group will be responsible for the agenda when they
All SCINN members may submit agenda items to the person responsible one (1) month prior to the meeting.